Z Cup V/s Z Disc: Choose your Period BAE
Hey there! Thinking of making the switch to a sustainable, eco-friendly and comfortable period? Are you thinking about Lemme Be's Z cup or Z disc? And are wondering what to choose between them?
The Z disc and the Z cup have similar functions, but they are not the same product. These two Lemme Be's period products are designed to collect period fluid. But, their design and their way of working inside the body are different. The differences between a Z disc and a Z cup lie in how they are used and positioned in your body.
Both the Z disc and the Z cup collect your period blood rather than absorbing it.
The Z disc is tucked behind your pubic bone, and the Z cup is kept in place with suction.
- The Z disc sits in the vaginal fornix, which is at the base of your cervix. It is the widest part of your vaginal canal, which is why the disc looks wider than a cup.
- On the other hand, the Z cup sits lower in the narrower, lower portion of your vagina – the vaginal canal.
How they work
- The Z disc stays in place in between muscular vaginal walls and the pubic bone. They work together to keep the disc 'propped up' within your vaginal fornix. Which is located at the end of the vaginal canal and the pubic bone serving as sort of a drawer, your menstrual disc stays comfortably tucked down and back. When it's time to remove your Z disc, you just use a finger to hook the disc's rim, "untucking" it from behind the pubic bone, and slowly pull it out.
- Whereas the Z cup uses suction to stay in its place. When it 'pops' open in the vaginal canal, the edges of the cup create a seal against the vaginal walls, preventing leaks. When you want to remove the Z cup, you have to break the suction seal by pinching the base of the cup.
The insertion and removal
To insert the Z disc, pinch it in half, insert it into the vagina with your fingers, and then push it down and back into the vaginal fornix. Once it's far back, you position the front-facing side of the rim up and about and tuck it behind your pubic bone.
To remove the Z disc, hook your finger to the rim of the disc with a finger and drag it down. Once it’s near the entrance, you can pinch the rim and remove it the rest of the way. Dump the remaining contents in the toilet.
When it comes to inserting the Z cup, it requires folding and NOT pinching. Once you've decided on your fold type, insert the folded cup into your vaginal canal with your fingers. When it's in a comfortable position far enough up your vaginal canal, use a finger to ensure the cup has sealed itself completely.
To remove the Z cup, insert your index finger to break the seal of the cup’s suction by running your finger around the sides or by pushing down on the rim.
- When you are trying it for the first time, try inserting it while squatting.
- While removing it, you can apply a slight bit of pressure, like when you poop. It will be easier. Also, try it in a squatting position.
The Z Disc holds up to 55ml of liquid & is suitable for a heavy flow. It can be inserted and kept for up to 12 hours.
Whereas the Z cup is suitable for a medium flow. It has a 25 to 35 ml capacity. You can wear it for up to 4 to 6 hours.
Go Green. Bleed Red.
The Z cup OR the Z disc is your best choice to create as little waste as possible during your period; they are reusable and hold up for years. The Z cup is reusable for up to 3- 4 years, and the Z disc is reusable for 5- 6 years.
With The Z cup, you can’t have sex because of the shape and placement of the product. With the Z Disc, it does not take up any real estate in your vaginal canal, making it an ideal option for period sex. So, period sex is a go with the Z disc.
How to care for them
The Z cup and the Z disc must be emptied and washed before reinsertion; they should also be disinfected every month. We recommend using a fragrance-free soap that won't damage the cup's material for daily use.
What are they made from?
The Z discs are made from medical-grade silicon at the rim and have a petal thin silicone on the pouch. Whereas the Z cup is wholly made from medical-grade silicone.
So, now that you know the difference between the Z cup and the Z disc. Who will be your period Bae? Let us know! Till then, have a happy period!
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.